Monday, July 30, 2012

Tool #11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools. I love the new application I just saw modeled this week called Educreation. It's an amazing app which acts like a recordeable whiteboard, enabling me or the students to broadcast our ideas via sight and sound: • Put teacher lessons on the web so students can watch them before and after class • Showcase video tutorials • Add commentary to the water cycle (or other social studies & science models) • Diagram a sentence or math problem 2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner? I have a broader expanse of online tools and apps to utilize and integrate into lessons. I think that as long as I set expectations and take thee time to really utilize each online tool well, so my kids and I are confident in our learning. I feel my vision has become more open and comfortable using these tools via our netbooks and iPads, as long as, and I repeat, I take the time to teach my students to use them and use them well (and wisely). I'm setting up my new classroom on our new campus in a way in which the electronics are just as accessible as they were last year. I love my new charging station that has been placed in each of our classrooms. My children will need to learn the proper way to take out and return/ plug in each iPad and netbook so that they are continually cared for. 3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? Yes, there is just so much more online than I even imagined. As I said before, I feel the key to success is take a couple of tools I'm excited about implementing and learning and using those tools well before moving on. They key is quality use and learning.

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the tools, Kay-Kay! You are such a reflective teacher and working on a strong team. I am excited to see all that will be happening with third this year with technology!

    ReplyDelete